This is one of our favorite cups! Get yours before it's gone, this is a very small lot of coffee.
Delicate notes of sweet raisin, almond, and chocolate.
This coffee is sure to delight your senses and take you right to the loamy tropical slopes of paradise where these legendary beans are grown. Costa Rica is consistently one of the world's finest coffee growing locations, and these beans roasted to full city bring out all the traits that make Costa Rica famous for incomparable coffee.
These beans are picked, depulped and dried and then air roasted fresh when you order; the result is an incredibly clean and satisfying cup with no bitterness whatsoever.
But, what IS a peaberry?
If you’re wondering what level of the food pyramid coffee fits into, it may interest you to know that coffee is actually a fruit. Inside each cherry are two beans that grow facing each other. However, there is one natural mutation that can occur and change the makeup of a coffee cherry.
Occasionally while the cherry is developing, one of the seeds won’t grow properly and the other seed becomes more rounded. We call these plump coffee beans peaberries. Peaberries are often called caracol (“snail” in Spanish) and are extremely rare, occurring in only about 5 percent of the world’s coffee supply. Peaberries are much smaller than normal coffee beans and tend to be thicker and rounder like a little football.
It is hard to identify a peaberry from looking at a bean. That’s why to find peaberries, experienced growers hand-sort the beans after they have been picked. Many believe that peaberries are the best tasting coffee because all of the plant’s nutrients are compacted into one bean. It is most likely that any flavor difference is actually due to the extremely careful processing of the coffee, leading to more uniform roasts.
When you need coffee that emphasizes the origin and artisan roasting, look to Barry Strong's special "Roasta Vida" coffees! #RoastLife.
- Light to medium roasts that best emphasize the characteristics of each bean.
- We only roast the highest quality, specialty-grade coffee beans that we have sourced ourselves!
- Taste smooth, never bitter flavors with pleasant acidity and notes of stone fruit and citrus.
- Air roasts to accentuate the origin without scorching the surface of the bean with the searing hot metal surfaces of traditional drum roasting techniques.
- 100% natural. We use no artificial additives or ingredients so you know exactly what’s going into each cup of coffee — just strong, high-quality coffee beans.
- Available in ground or whole bean so you can grind it fresh or simply open the bag and start brewing